Friday, April 5, 2013

Response to Nick Vita

With annoying hosts that talk way too fast and act way to excited about everything, these infomercials can lead customers away more than bringing them in.  What is your take on this infomercials? Are they a good marketing tactic for a company?

My opinion on infomercials is that I think that it can be very annoying because I am not a fan of them. I would like it if I could watch my television shows all in one without any interruptions but that is just not the way that it works. Also, I believe that the annoying hosts that talk way too fast about how excited they are to sell their product are leading customers away then bringing them to buy the product. But, in other times I can find infomercials to be very entertaining and interesting. For example, I remember this one time that I saw an infomercial about the DVD workout about insanity. Something about this infomercial just caught my eye and to me it was very persuading and I began to look more into it and I finally decided to buy the product. I believe that infomercials can sometimes be a good marketing tactic for the company if they are doing things right, but in other times it can be a bad marketing tactic because sometimes customers would not want to listen to the hosts or they just do not care. I mean, if they make it sound interesting and persuading they will most likely get more viewers and have a better chance to target the market. 

Can you think of a time that an infomercial targeted you to buy the product? What was the product? What made you decide that you wanted to purchase this product? 

No comments:

Post a Comment