Monday, February 11, 2013

Component Lifestyles

As discussed in chapter four of our textbook, component lifestyles is the practice of choosing goods and services that meet one's diverse needs and interests rather than conforming to a single, traditional lifestyle (pg. 47). Each lifestyle is different and each one is associated with different goods and services that represents a target audience.

For example, Special K products are targeted more towards women. They would see "Losing up to 6lbs in 2 weeks just got easier!" on the Special K cereal box and that would instantly catch their eyes. They would want to give this product a try since the advertisement of the product is persuasive. This product is targeted more towards women because they want to get fit and slim so they trust that this product will satisfy their needs. Special K products are linking weight loss to health food and nutrition.

For me, Special K products have targeted me because their advertisement sounds convincing that I wanted to give it a try. I mean, what do I have to lose? In the sense of what I have learned, Special K products are healthy and nutrition. But, I have not quite followed through to see if losing 6 pounds in 2 weeks was possible. There have been some stories released that it is pretty accurate. I can state that I was customer satisfied with this product and I would occasionally purchase the different products that they have to offer.

Can you think of a time where you purchased something that targeted your lifestyles? Were you satisfied with the product?

No comments:

Post a Comment